Custom Search

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bead and Crystal Handicrafts

Hello there all beadcraft lovers!

I've been into the bead crafting, weaving, and designing business for quite some time now. From the very beginning, I designed my own pieces of accessories, ranging from handphone straps, keychains, card holders, miniature standalone pieces, sets, and more... But as time wears on, I realised that more people in my area are looking for existing designs that they've probably seen somewhere else. Sure, new and unique pieces do sell, but people still like age-old designs like animals and flowers.

With that in mind, I searched around for patterns and designs that I can use. Craft books are limited in designs and they are often repetitive. Ranging from necklaces to bracelets, there isn't very many things that they teach. It is so difficult to find designs that I've hovered around handicraft shops, trying to cram into my head the little details of each piece on display without attracting the suspicion of shopkeepers!

The internet was another option. The vast amounts of information on the internet was overwhelming at first, but after days of reading the same content over and over again, I decided enough was enough. It is just getting so hard to find something new out there, yet I know there are alot of new things out there to discover!

If you have been there and done that, you've come to the right place at last. I've originally set up this blog for the sole purpose of throwing all my research information at a common location for future reference. But now, I'm going to compile all of them here for your information and viewing pleasure!

I know, chunks of information are always hard to digest. I've been through it the hard way and I do not intend to make you do it that way too. Hence, I'll release only bits and pieces of information each day, all related to bead crafts in some way or other. Come back any day you feel like reading more, for just a little bit extra stuff.

Daily snippets are not continued from the previous day's, so it is absolutely okay for you to come back a few days later for your next piece, or even skip days which you don't feel like reading anything. You won't feel lost just because you missed out on a few articles!

Alright and here's the best part: this is all FREE!

For copyright issues, please approach the original owner of each article, quoted and credited at the bottom of each article.

So why wait? Bookmark us, tag us, link us, anything to keep you reminded to come back for a bit of extra knowledge each day!

No comments: