Custom Search

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Beading For Beginners

Beading For Beginners

How many of you have gone to a party and seen some other women with stunning beaded jewelleries and accessories that you so much wanted? And when you ask where they got them from, the reply was that they made it themselves?

Wow! I can still remember the first time in university when I checked into a hostel and met my room mate. She came from China and had this collection of tibetan beaded accessories, strings and strings of them! She almost had a necklace, bracelet, earrings and more for every imaginable occasion. I practically had to beg her for some pieces when I'm off for parties! Not only that, she had a beaded coaster, beaded bags, and even beaded shoes! So one day I asked her: how did you do all these?

It turned out she had an aunt who was into the DIY business of sewing, beading and embroidery, and it was this aunt who taught her all the basics of beading which she eventually made a habit out of. I got her to teach me some basics, and from then on I simply couldn't stop beading!

Every start is difficult, I know, and without someone beside you correcting your every mistake, precious time will be wasted exploring all the possibilities and precious money will be wasted buying the wrong materials for your project.

This book I'm going to introduce to you - "Beading For Beginners", has everything you need to know about starting to bead. It contains very detailed explanations of the kinds of string, wire, thread, beads, colours, everything! that you will find yourself asking about.

I showed it to my room mate one day. It was in English, her second language. Yet she could explain to me everything that was in there, because the pictures were so clear! I have been practising my beading for two years, and now when I go for parties I am able to proudly wear matching necklaces and bracelets, all carefully beaded by me. If I can do it, with this book you will be an amateur beader in no time too.

No comments: